Almost all the parts of the banana tree have wonderful uses and the banana flower is no exception. A banana flower has wonderful medicinal properties and we should include it as often as we can in our diet. It is starchy and bitter in taste. But, it’s rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A and can reduce the pains.
Health Benefits of Banana Flowers
The banana flowers will help you:
- Strengthen the uterus
- Reduce hypertension
- Treat anemia
- Relieve constipation
- Improve the function of the kidneys
- Treat ulcer
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Help you in the case of diabetes and when breastfeeding
How to prepare it:
- Add two tablespoons of oil, and some mustard seeds in a pan, and let them splutter.
- Add sliced onions and green chilies, fry them and add the banana flowers.
- Add turmeric, curry leaves, salt, coriander, and hing, and some water. Cover with a lid and leave it a while.
- Finally, add some crushed coconut and stir well.
That is all, and the banana flowers are ready to eat!